Picking a song for your first dance as a married couple should be fun. It’s a special moment with you both at the centre of attention of your friends and family.
There is no shortage of choice. We’ve put together some tips and ideas to make it “Easy like Sunday Morning” as Faith No More sing. Get the moment right, then dance the night away.
- Vibe: Are you thinking slow and romantic? Or, something everyone can sing along too? Perhaps you are looking for some high energy now.
- Make it easy: Can you learn to tango across the floor for the groom to catch the bride Dirty Dancing style? That’ll blow your guests away if you have time to learn the moves and pull them off in a wedding dress and heels. Trust us, your guests will be blown away, and super happy simply seeing you dancing as a newly married couple.
- Something old, or something new – there really is something special about those old classics to set a timeless moment. That said, a modern song that captures a special moment for you both will be your classic in years to come. Pick what just feels right for you.
- A suggestion – a romantic song for the first dance is truly a beautiful moment, we suggest this. Especially when the song is followed up a floor filler banger tune from the DJ to unleash the “Dance Monkey”s Tones & I style.
- For Inspo Take a Listen – scroll down to listen to the highlights of the Party Liaison First Dance Playlist.
- One Final Tip – it is great to get advice but this day is all about you, so pick whatever you desire. It will be our honour at Party Liaison to play it.
At Party Liaison we are happy to work with whatever music you like, and we are always happy to help you find that song to “Get the Party Started” whether it’s P!nk or another floor filler.
First dance inspo!
Take a listen to our Spotify playlist: Party Liaison Wedding First Dance.
Maybe take each other for a spin across the lounge.
- 6 Modern first dance songs
- Loving is Easy – Rex Orange County
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran
- All of You – John Legend
- ily (i love you baby) (feat. Emilee) – Surf Mesa, Emilee
- Millionaire – Chris Stapleton
- Beyond – Leon Bridges
- 6 Classic first dance songs
- Can’t Help Falling in Love – Elvis Presley, Haley Reinhart or Kina Grannis
- Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
- At Last – Etta James
- You Are So Beautiful – Joe Cocker
- Have I Told You Lately – Van Morrison
- My Girl – The Temptations / Otis Redding